FAQ About Car Accidents
A car accident can occur anytime — even when you’re driving carefully. A negligent motorist may cross into your lane, causing a collision. Your car’s brakes may fail and cause you to smash into the car ahead of you. Or, another motorist may ignore traffic laws by speeding, being drunk or distracted.
Any of these scenarios can cause serious personal injuries. When you find yourself in such a situation, you may panic and feel uncertain as to what to do. The Medina Law Firm of Tampa is an experienced personal injury firm that has helped hundreds of clients who have been injured in car crashes. With a solid national reputation and 30 years of legal experience, our attorney will provide the guidance and knowledge you need. Read on to learn answers to some frequently asked questions.
- What things do I need to do after a car accident?
- Seek medical treatment if injured, call the police and document everything. Take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle as well as the other driver’s vehicle. Obtain statements from witnesses, and contact your insurance company. However, you should avoid talking with the negligent party’s insurance company, which does not have your best interest in mind. Also, call an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Why do I need an attorney?
- A skilled and knowledgeable attorney can help preserve your rights and fight for you in obtaining compensation for the injuries you have received. Don’t attempt to represent yourself. A personal injury attorney understands the legal system and knows when to negotiate and when to pursue a court trial. Your injuries in a car accident may lead to permanent disabilities and the inability to work. An attorney will advocate for you, collecting evidence, hiring investigators and taking on insurance companies that avoid their responsibilities.
- How much of a settlement can I expect to obtain?
- Your life has been turned upside down after a car accident. Now you and your family deserve fair and just compensation for medical costs, loss of work, damages along with the pain and suffering. In such situations, you can expect a reasonable settlement, especially if your injuries are permanent. An experienced personal injury attorney can negotiate with insurance companies and fight them in the courtroom.
- What are my options if a defective auto part caused my accident?
- An experienced product liability attorney will fight the negligent companies that were responsible for the accident. Faulty brakes, exploding tires and defective air bags all can lead to serious accidents and injuries. These companies have the responsibility to provide safe products that protect consumers. When they don’t, a skilled attorney will protect your rights and fight for what you deserve.
Led by Omar F. Medina, our law firm was established in 1989. Mr. Medina is a skilled attorney who is aggressive and compassionate. He has a national reputation as an advocate of consumer safety.
Client-Focused, Experienced — Call Us Now
If you have questions about a car accident and the injuries you sustained, Medina Law Firm in Tampa will help you. Attentive and client-focused, Mr. Medina provides personal attention to every client. They deserve to be treated with respect. He has 30 years’ legal experience and is not afraid to go trial.
For decades, Mr. Medina has called Tampa home, but he was born in Cuba and is a fluent Spanish speaker. For an initial consultation, contact us online or call 813-258-5838. Se habla español.