Mr. Medina was born in October 1959 in Santa Clara, Cuba. In 1961 his parents immigrated to the U.S. In 1977 he graduated from Miami Southwest Senior High as a distinguished alumnus of the school. Later being inducted into Southwest Athletic Golden Eagle Hall of Fame. Mr. Medina obtained his undergraduate degree with distinction from Eastern Kentucky University in 1981. While at Eastern Mr. Medina was involved in intercollegiate athletics and community outreach programs.
Mr. Medina obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida in 1984. From 1984 to 1988 Mr. Medina worked with an insurance defense firm in Miami. Early in his career Mr. Medina practiced Federal Criminal Defense where he successfully tried several high profile Federal Criminal matters in the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Mr. Medina has tried over 100 trials to verdict and over 60 civil cases to verdict in a variety of States and over 10 Florida Counties and all 3 Federal Districts in Florida. Since 1988, Omar Medina has practiced in Tampa Bay for ONLY injured parties and families.
Mr. Medina’s hobbies include being a private pilot, the Martial Arts and coaching baseball. Mr. Medina has three children Dominic, Justine and Xavier.
Widely involved in community affairs:
Volunteer to the Hillsborough County School Board
Volunteer Speakers Bureau and AirLifeline
- All Federal and State Courts of Florida
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for Colorado
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of America
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hernando County Bar Association and
- The Federal Bar Association
- Volunteer to Metropolitan Ministries Community Outreach
- Volunteer to Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- Contributor to The James Medina Scholarship Fund
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Ohio
- State Courts in California, Texas, Georgia and Alabama
- 11th circuit Court of Appeal
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeal
- Hispanic Advisory Council
- The American College of Barristers
- Senior Counsel to the American College of Barristers
- Former Vice Chairman of the Judicial Nominating Committee for the 13th Judicial Circuit-appointed by Governor Lawton Chiles from 1995-1999